Chromium is an essential mineral your body needs in small amounts. Chromium deficiency, can be a result of a poor diet, stress, excessive sweating (during exercise) and aging. Along with preventing chromium deficiency, chromium has been found to have a positive influence on certain medical conditions:
1. Benefits Diabetes - Studies have found that by supplementing with the combination of chromium plus biotin some patients did achieve lower blood glucose levels. People with diabetes are not absorbing enough chromium from food sources and may need to supplement to provide the levels they need in their diets.
2. Benefits Cholesterol – When cholesterol is at a high level and an excess of fats in the bloodstream build up on the arterial walls you can be at risk of heart disease, heart attack or stroke. Chromium supplementation may help lower your cholesterol levels, according to a review in the December 2006 issue of Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics, authors state that numerous studies show that chromium reduces blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
3. Benefits Heart - According to a study published in Pharmacological Reports in 2010. Researchers examined the effects of chromium against several markers of heart disease, including elevated blood pressure and abnormal vascular function. Their results show that while this supplement doesn't affect blood pressure, chromium does promote the relaxation of blood vessels and improves blood flow and the rate of recovery of heart muscle after heart attack damage.
4. Helps Mood – Chromium causes cells to be more sensitive to insulin and this increased sensitivity is thought to help transport an amino acid called tryptophan across the blood-brain barrier into the central nervous system. The tryptophan is converted into a neurotransmitter called serotonin which is our “happy hormone”. The more serotonin that is available to the brain the happier we feel.
5. Balances Insulin - Chromium plays a role in the insulin-signaling pathways that allow our bodies to control the amount of sugar we take in, helping balance blood glucose levels and giving us stable energy.
To up your dietary intake of chromium you can add broccoli, green beans, grape juice, foods made of whole grains, poultry, lean beef and orange juice.
✔ Maintains A Healthy Blood Sugar Balance
✔ Helps to Regulate Metabolism
✔ Prevents Heart Disease
✔ Prevents Cravings and Increases Energy
✔ Stabilizes Blood Sugar Levels During Exercise
Clear Chromium Complex combines all of the nutrients essential for healthy insulin function and blood sugar balance. Chromium and zinc are both essential for the correct function of insulin receptors, and vanadium is needed for intracellular metabolism after the insulin receptor has been activated. Vitamin D deficiency can cause insulin resistance, and taurine is a nutrient with powerful insulin-like activity. In a base of cinnamon, rich in chalcone polymers which have blood sugar balancing effects.
Chromium is an essential trace mineral. It's most important function is maintaining healthy levels of blood sugar. This is particularly important for individuals with impaired insulin function.
Chromium also helps to balance lipoprotein levels and prevent plaque buildup in arteries. Chromium enhances the roles of insulin, allowing insulin to travel through the body and control blood sugar levels.
Many studies have suggested that chromium supplementation can help those with type II diabetes or abnormal blood sugar. Low levels of chromium have been associated with high cholesterol, as well as high blood sugar.
Since insulin resistance and high blood sugar are thought to be risk factors for heart disease, chromium may be beneficial in helping to prevent cardiovascular problems. Chromium may also have benefits during athletic exercise, since maintaining stable glucose levels is important for endurance sports.
Per capsule: Vitamin D3 2.5mcg (100 IU); Zinc (Zinc bisglycinate) 10mg; Manganese (Manganese bisglycinate) 1mg; Chromium (Chromium nicotinate) 300mcg; Taurine 500mg; Vanadium (Vanadium amino acid chelate) 100mcg
Recommended Dosage: Take one to three capsules per day with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Contraindications: Individuals taking insulin or other blood sugar lowering medications should use caution so as to avoid low blood sugars. Consult your healthcare provider.