✔ Supports The Natural Function of the Pineal Gland
✔ Helps Support Healthy Sleep Patterns
✔ May Support Antioxidant Activity and Cardiovascular Health
✔ May Support Immune System Activity
Clear Zzz's - contains 3mg of melatonin per lozenge. Melatonin is produced naturally in the pineal gland of the brain in response to changes in light exposure; it helps maintain healthy sleep patterns as well as antioxidant and immune activities. Melatonin can be taken as a supplement to support these functions by promoting normal levels of melatonin in the body.
Clear zzz's may help with the following:
→ Healthy sleep patterns:
- Most of the research on melatonin has focused on its role in maintaining normal sleep/wake rhythms. The rise in melatonin is thought to be responsible for bringing on sleep. Nocturnal melatonin production is highest in children and begins to decline from adolescence on until it is virtually absent in the elderly.
→ Supports the immune system and helps to negate the bad effects of the stress hormone cortisol:
- Melatonin supports immune function by helping maintain the activity of circulating natural killer cells.
- May prevent suppression of the immune system caused by stress.
- Melatonin is considered a potent antioxidant that enters all body cells to help prevent free radical damage. In the brain, melatonin is perhaps the most important physiological antioxidant.
→ Blood pressure regulation:
- High blood pressure may benefit from the use of melatonin supplements. In healthy young men, oral administration of 1 mg of melatonin significantly reduced blood pressure and levels of stress hormones within 90 minutes.
→ Jet lag:
- Melatonin is also helpful in relieving symptoms of jet lag. One double-blind trial, found that melatonin significantly reduced symptoms of jet lag and resulted in a quicker recovery of preflight energy levels and alertness.
Per lozenge: Melatonin 3 mg
Recommended Dose: Take one quick-dissolve tablet 15 to 60 minutes before bedtime as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Contraindications: Individuals taking corticosteroids or immunosupressive drugs should not take melatonin without consulting a health care provider. Children and pregnant or lactating women should consult their healthcare practitioner prior to use.