✔ Support for the symptoms of low estrogen incuding: hot flashes, night sweats, memory changes, carbohydrate cravings and abdominal weight gain
✔ Support for the symptoms of excess cortisol including: memory changes, frequently waking at night, poor focus and concentration, depression, brain fog, and belly fat
✔ Improves healthy estrogen balance which helps to reduce the risk of breast cancer in menopause
✔ Improves sleep and energy and mood
✔ Reduces inflammation
✔ Aids bone health
Menstruating woman between the ages of 40 and 55 are naturally approaching menopause. Lowered production of the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone cause these signs of menopause. Menopause is defined after a period of 12 months without any menses.
Signs and symptoms:
Symptoms of menopause may begin suddenly and be very noticeable, or they may be very mild at first. Symptoms may happen most of the time once they begin, or they may happen only once in a while. Some women notice changes in many areas and most of the symptoms are due to a deficiency of estrogen. Some menopausal symptoms, such as moodiness, are similar to symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Others may be new to you. For example:
- Your periods have stopped for at least one year
- You might have hot flashes and problems sleeping
- You might experience mood swings or be irritable
- You might experience vaginal dryness, making sex uncomfortable or painful
- You may have less interest in sex and it may take longer for you to get aroused
- You may experience increased abdominal weight gain – thickening of the waist
- Your skin may thin and change due to the lower estrogen.
- Your memory may change due to lower estrogen – especially for names and items.
Other possible changes are not as noticeable. For example, you might begin to lose bone density because you have less estrogen, increasing the risk of osteoporosis. Changing estrogen levels can also raise cholesterol levels and increase your risk for heart disease ad stroke and the lowered levels of estrogen and are also linked to increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
**One note of concern – if you develop uterine bleeding after one-year period free, go to your doctor for a pelvic ultrasound as this is considered abnormal uterine bleeding. **
Dr. Turner ND's Seven Recommendations for Menopause:
- Essential recommended testing which is included in our Women’s Hormonal Health Program include tests such as a cholesterol panel, complete thyroid panel, hormone testing (Dr. Turner ND also recommends testing for the harmful estrogen estrone – as if it is elevated it can increase breast cancer risk), vitamin D, vitamin B12, and more – all of the factors that help you to age well after entering menopause. Included in this kit is Clear Detox -Hormonal Health, specifically for the balancing of estrone and protecting breast health. We may also request that you visit your MD for a breast ultrasound, pelvic ultra sound and the sooner you do your bone density test the better – studies show if you are losing bone mass the faster you start hormone replacement, the better – don’t wait until you are 65 to get this test done which is what most doctors recommend. We want to be proactive – not reactive.
- Once the testing has been done we can handle the declining levels of estrogen and progesterone with Bioidentical Hormone replacement in the form of estrogen cream, progesterone cream. Vaginal suppositories of estrogen can also be very helpful for dryness and urinary urgency, if you do not want to use hormones, herbs like Red clover, Hops, Black Cohosh, Don Quai and Sage, the ingredients in Clear Estrogen.
- Strength Training is a must here to maintain your bones – half an hour three times a week. At Clear Medicine our trainers specialize in this form of training so that you can learn how to exercise to build strength, bones and to prevent the spike in cortisol or suppression of thyroid function. Walking should be combined with this – one hour a day 4 – 6 days a week. Along with the strength training take Melatonin for sleep, breast health and bone health. Here are my recommendations for the perfect exercise week:
- Diet – you must change your carb selections as your ability to metabolize carbs decreases with menopause – so go for beets, carrots, peas, quinoa, squash as your choices rather than rice, potatoes, and sweet potatoes, and have only one serving a day at dinner. The list of recommended starchy carbs are included in The Supercharged Hormone Diet and The Hormone Boost books as well as in the free PDF that comes along with the Simple Weight Loss Kit AND – protein is a must! You will lose muscle as you age so you must consume at least 30 grams or 4 to 5 ounces cooked four times a day to maintain your muscles, bones and to prevent diabetes. Even if you do not strength train the protein will maintain your muscle. And the same rules for meal timing in perimenopause apply here. See my Instagram for my post on 30 grams of protein.
- The majority of women who enter menopause experience elevated levels of cortisol due to the sleep disruption and hormonal changes of this phase of life. Dr. Turner ND's recommended adrenal support for menopause is Clear Cortisol because it contains Relora, that helps to lower cortisol and raise our anti-aging hormone DHEA as well as Theanine, the extract from green tea that helps to induce the alpha brain waves that is associated with meditation and improved mental focus. In essence, this formula calms both the body and the mind.
- Use a plant-based omega – like Pure Form Omega – it maintains hormone balance and unlike fish oil, preserves bone density. Combine this with vitamin D3.
- Take a formula for bone health – I made my own that contains all the nutrients for bone health called Clear Bone Protect and Repair available at Clear Medicine or online for Clear Medicine patients.
- Add extra B12 for brain and bone health. University of Toronto researchers found that B12 should be well into the high end of the reference range for brain health, so I strive to get my patients levels between 600 – 1200.
This Kit Includes
→ Clear Detox -Hormonal Health: This is Clear Medicine's formula to assist with liver detoxification and the removal of excess hormonal waste, particularly toxic estrogen, which can lead to weight gain or prevent weight loss. Clear Detox - Hormonal Health is also very helpful for PMS, uterine fibroids, fibrocystic breast, acne, fat gain around the hips and thighs (pre-menopausal women) and abdominal fat (men and post-menopausal women).
→ Clear Cortisol: is a multifunctional herbal supplement that has far-reaching and complementary benefits for individuals seeking help in dealing with everyday stress. It features a unique combination of clinically tested and patented ingredients, including Relora®, Sensoril®, and Suntheanine®, along with banaba leaf and maral extracts. Together, these herbs help the overstressed body and mind work toward their normal state of balance and resolve many of the biochemical changes that occur as a result of repeated, frequent exposure to stressors and cortisol.
→ Clear Zzz's: contains 3mg of melatonin per lozenge. Melatonin is produced naturally in the pineal gland of the brain in response to changes in light exposure; it helps maintain healthy sleep patterns as well as antioxidant and immune activities. Melatonin can be taken as a supplement to support these functions by promoting normal levels of melatonin in the body.
→ Clear Estrogen: The primary function of Clear Estrogen is to support the natural production and tissue response of estrogen throughout the body. Each capsule contains a proprietary Blend of estrogenic herbs, including: Kudzu Root (40%), Red Clover (8%), Gotu Kola (10%), Hops (2%), Black Cohosh (2.5%), Dong Quai (1%), Bacopa Monniera (45%), Schisandra (1%), Sage Leaf Extract (4:1) This synergistic combination of specific herbs in promotes optimal estrogen health and assists with the symptoms of low estrogen levels, including gynecological, memory, mood, sleep, urinary, and vasomotor symptoms like hot flashes and sweating. Also, and more specifically: The phytoestrogens in Dong Quai help to increase vaginal lubrication by maintaining mucus tissue health. The adaptogens Bacopa and Schisandra support the neurological functions normally associated with estrogen including memory and the facilitation of learning.
→ PureForm Omega: contains evening primrose oil, high linoleic sunflower oil, pumpkin seed oil, and extra virgin coconut oil, all excellent sources of "essential" Omega-6, along with organic flax oil for "essential" Omega-3, to obtain what we consider the ideal science-based “essential” Omega 3/6 combination.
Pure Form Omega® Natural’s Features:
- Pure, Organic, Seed-Based Omega-3 and Omega-6
- Cold pressed under a nitrogen blanket. You will actually see a nitrogen bubble inside each capsule of Pure Form Omega®. It is injected into each capsule to prevent oxygenation and keep Pure Form Omega® oil fresh and at optimum performance levels.
- Produced in the USA under strict pharmaceutical conditions
- Scientifically developed over ten years to be the optimized ratio for human physiology of Omega-6 and Omega-3
- Optimized oxygen across cell membranes, resulting in reduced exercise recovery time, reduction of lactic acid build up and increased aerobic metabolism
- There have been several studies completed, showing significant importance in human health
Recommended Dose: Two capsules twice a day. Two capsules are also recommended 20 minutes before exercise to improve strength and reduce lactic acid burn.
Contraindications: Consult your doctor before use if you are currently taking blood thinning medications. Not recommended for those with allergy or sensitivity to the ingredients.
→ Clear Bone Protect & Repair: contains important nutrients for optimal development of bones and teeth. It features calcium from microcrystalline hydroxyapatite complex (MCHC); an extract of bovine bone derived from New-Zealand pasture-fed, free-range livestock not subjected to routine antibiotics or rBGH. MCHC is a superior form of calcium that is demonstrated to produce smaller harmful calcium spikes than other types of supplemental calcium. When combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, Clear Bone Protect & Repair may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis.
Ingredients per 7 capsules: Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 500 mcg; Folic Acid (5-Methyltetrahydrofolate) 800mcg; Ascorbic Acid 260mg; Vitamin D3 1000IU; Vitamin K2 (MK7) 60mcg; Boron (Citrate) 0.7mg; Calcium (Hydroxyapatite) 1000mg; Copper (Citrate) 1mg; Magnesium (Citrate) 420mg; Manganese (Citrate) 2.3mg; Zinc (Citrate) 11mg; Bamboo Extract 50mg providing silica 35mg
Recommended Dose:Take 7 capsules daily or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Contraindications:Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking blood thinners. Some people may experience diarrhea.
→ Clear Detox -Hormonal Health: Per 5 capsules: Inositol 200mg, Choline 200mg, Betaine HCI 25 mg, Dandelion 15mg, Milk Thistle 15mg, Artichoke 15 mg, Vitamin B1 55 mg, Vitamin B2 55mg, Niacinamide 200mg. Vitamin B6 55mg, Vitamin B12 100mg, Folic Acid 400 mcg, Biotin 200mcg, Vitamin B5 55mg, Turmeric 150mg. Green Tea 200mg, DIM 100mg, Broccoli Seed Extract 15mg, Calcium D-Glucarate 400mg, Magnesium 200mg.
Recommended Dose:Take 5 capsules at breakfast or lunch, away from thyroid medication.
Contraindications:Do not use if pregnant, breastfeeding, have high blood pressure or severe liver impairment.
→ Clear Cortisol: Relora® (a proprietary blend of a patented†† extract from Magnolia officinalis bark and a proprietary extract from Phellodendron amurense bark) 250mg; Sensoril® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root and Leaf Extract (10% withanolides) 150mg, Suntheanine® L-Theanine 100mg; Banaba Leaf Extract (Lagerstroemia speciosa)(1% corosolic acid) 48mg; Maral 4-6:1 Extract (Rhaponticum carthamoides)(root) 50mg
Recommended Dose: Take one capsule twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Contraindications: Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Do not use if tamper seal is damaged.
→ Clear Zzz's: Per lozenge: Melatonin 3 mg
Recommended Dose: Take one quick-dissolve tablet 15 to 60 minutes before bedtime as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Contraindications: Individuals taking corticosteroids or immunosupressive drugs should not take melatonin without consulting a health care provider. Children and pregnant or lactating women should consult their healthcare practitioner prior to use.
→ Clear Estrogen: Kudzu Root (40%) 125mg; Red Clover (8%) 120mg; Gotu Kola (10%) 95mg; Hops (2%) 90mg; Black Cohosh (2.5%) 80mg; Dong Quai (1%) 60mg; Bacopa Monniera (45%) 44mg; Schisandra (1%) 25mg; Sage Leaf Extract (4:1) 12.5mg per capsule
Recommended Dose: Adults take 4 capsules per day in divided doses with food or as directed by a health care practitioner
Contraindications: Reduce dose if you experience breast swelling or tenderness. Should not be taken by individuals with a personal history of hormone-related cancers.