✔ Restores sex hormone imbalance linked to pre-menopause and peri-menopause
✔ Relieves breast tenderness, bloating, swelling
✔ Improves mood, energy and cravings
✔ Assists with the symptoms of estrogen dominance
✔ Aids fertility
✔ Reduces the risk of uterine fibroids, fibrocysticic, breast disease and assists with the symptoms of PCOS
Pre-menopause: The Reproductive Years
As a woman, during reproductive years, we should normally not have any other symptom than blood loss each month. Unfortunately, this is not the case for up to about 75% of women, as most experience the symptoms of excess harmful estrogen associated with PMS.
Dr. Turner ND’s number one selling product Clear Detox – Hormonal Health specifically deals with balancing these symptoms. When combined with the diet and workout philosophies of The Hormone Diet, hormonal balance and relief from these symptoms can be achieved usually within three menstrual cycles.
Our nutrition programs are based on Dr. Turner ND’s bestselling books, The Hormone Diet and The Supercharged Hormone Diet, which address this condition commonly referred to as Estrogen Dominance.
Fluctuating thyroid, estrogen and progesterone during the menstrual cycle can cause an array of symptoms. Should you come to the clinic in person for our women's hormonal health program, we will determine the best time to assess your hormones. For instance, if you have irregular periods, that come too far apart or not at all, we will measure your day three estrogen and all of your thyroid hormones. If you have bloating, breast tenderness, headaches, insomnia or anxiety we will assess your progesterone and estrogen on day 19 – 21.
Peri-menopause: The Lead Up to Menopause
Peri-menopause, or menopause transition, begins several years before menopause. It’s the time when the ovaries gradually begin to make less estrogen, but it is progesterone that declines first during this stage. It usually starts in a woman’s 40s but can start in her 30s or even earlier. Peri-menopause lasts up until menopause, the point when the ovaries stop releasing eggs. In the last 1 to 2 years of peri-menopause, this drop in estrogen speeds up. At this stage, many women have menopause symptoms. The average length of perimenopause is 4 years, but for some women this stage may last only a few months or continue for 10 years. Women in peri-menopause have at least some these symptoms:
- Hot flashes
- Breast tenderness
- Worse premenstrual syndrome
- Lower sex drive
- Irregular periods (may come too close or further apart)
- Vaginal dryness; discomfort during sex
- Urine leakage when coughing or sneezing
- Urinary urgency (an urgent need to urinate more frequently)
- Mood swings
- Trouble sleeping
In our clinic, we often establish the diagnosis of peri-menopause based on symptoms and blood tests are also very helpful. We recommend testing on day three of your cycle – FSH. LH, estradiol and then on day 19 -21 estradiol and progesterone. Day three tells your ovarian reserve; your estrogen should be about 100 and FSH less than 10 to indicate you are NOT in perimenopause. Day 19 – 21 progesterone should be about 20 – 30.
Recommendations for peri-menopause:
- Adrenal gland support – as once you are into menopause your adrenals and your fat cells are the only source of estrogen. So, you can assess your stress hormone cortisol in the blood and you can also do the orthostatic BP test to indicate how well your adrenals are working. The sooner you start treatment, the better your menopause will be. So consider herbs like Clear Ashwagandha (Dr. Turner ND's favorite choice for balancing cortisol and boosting thyroid function), Clear Energy, (which contains Rhodiola, Dr. Turner ND's favorite choice when impact on serotonin, dopamine, mood and focus are desired along with restoring cortisol), or Clear Balance (which contains relora, an extract of magnolia bark that has been shown to reduce cortisol, raise DHEA and reduce waking during the night within two weeks).
- At Clear Medicine, in many cases we suggest natural progesterone cream to balance the hot flashes, reduce anxiety, headache, improve sleep and reduce spotting and PMS. You can see on of our ND’s that practices Bioidentical Hormone Replacement, which can be used in a cream or pill form and it is best taken at night. You can also use the herb Chasteberry Plus (vitex) to regulate periods and improve progesterone with evening primrose oil. Red clover can also help to lower FSH and keep healthy estrogen levels.
- Dr. Turner ND's diet for managing all three stages of menopause is outlined in this Simple Weight Loss Kit, and it is essentially The Hormone Boost Book. Think of eating for cortisol balance – so always eat a protein rich breakfast within 45 mins of rising and never miss the 2 – 4 pm meal these are the two most important times for balancing adrenal gland function. Dr. Turner ND's recommended breakfast for women of all ages, and that which is a fantastic alternative to intermittent fasting is a mixture that contains three powders: Clear Recovery, Clear Nova Scotia Marine Collagen, and a protein powder of your choice. You can read about the benefits of this mix and purchase it here.
Also check Dr. Turner ND's Instagram for the recipe for zucchini protein pancakes – a perfect option for the 2- 4 meal on the go.
This Kit Includes
→ Clear Detox -Hormonal Health: This is Clear Medicine's formula to assist with liver detoxification and the removal of excess hormonal waste, particularly toxic estrogen, which can lead to weight gain or prevent weight loss. Clear Detox - Hormonal Health is also very helpful for PMS, uterine fibroids, fibrocystic breast, acne, fat gain around the hips and thighs (pre-menopausal women) and abdominal fat (men and post-menopausal women).
→ Your choice of one of the following:
Clear Balance: formulated by Clear Medicine, contains Relora, a proprietary blend of patent-pending plant extracts from Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense bark, combined with additional nutrients to enhance this products effectiveness to support normal mental functioning during stress and anxiety.
OR Clear Ashwagandha: is an extract from the plant Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha), an Ayurvedic plant with adaptogenic properties. Ashwagandha is different from other adaptogens in that it reduces the stress-related damage caused by an overactive nervous system in a state of alarm. In animal studies, Ashwagandha enhances the activity of key immune cells to improve their ability to protect the body. At the same time, it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent to prevent immune system excesses. It also protects animals against morphine tolerance, dependence and toxicity. Clinical trials have shown that people supplemented with Ashwagandha are less likely to develop ulcers, to have depleted levels of vitamin C, or to use up important adrenal hormones.
OR Clear Energy: formulated by Clear Medicine, supplies essential nutrients carefully formulated to provide nutritional support for increased brain energy and neurological functioning.:
→ Clear Zzz's: contains 3mg of melatonin per lozenge. Melatonin is produced naturally in the pineal gland of the brain in response to changes in light exposure; it helps maintain healthy sleep patterns as well as antioxidant and immune activities. Melatonin can be taken as a supplement to support these functions by promoting normal levels of melatonin in the body.
→ The hormone diet alternative to intermittent fasting & optimal breakfast choice for women: Dr. Turner ND has been drinking this for months and has never felt better. Give it a go and let us know what you think! No fancy blender needed, just a shaker cup or a mason jar! Start your day off right and serve in a special glass if you have time. Mix these simple items in a shaker cup with as much water as you prefer (we prefer less water!) and begin your day by drinking these three ingredients: creatine, marine collagen, protein.
→ Clear Detox -Hormonal Health: Per 5 capsules: Inositol 200mg, Choline 200mg, Betaine HCI 25 mg, Dandelion 15mg, Milk Thistle 15mg, Artichoke 15 mg, Vitamin B1 55 mg, Vitamin B2 55mg, Niacinamide 200mg. Vitamin B6 55mg, Vitamin B12 100mg, Folic Acid 400 mcg, Biotin 200mcg, Vitamin B5 55mg, Turmeric 150mg. Green Tea 200mg, DIM 100mg, Broccoli Seed Extract 15mg, Calcium D-Glucarate 400mg, Magnesium 200mg.
Recommended Dose:Take 5 capsules at breakfast or lunch, away from thyroid medication.
Contraindications:Do not use if pregnant, breastfeeding, have high blood pressure or severe liver impairment.
→ Clear Balance: Per two capsules: Relora 500 mg, Vitamin B-1 10 mg, Vitamin B-2 10mg, Niacinamide 10mg, Vitamin B-6 10mg, Vitamin B-12 100 mcg, Folic acid 200 mcg, Ascorbate 150mg (from magnesium ascorbate)
Recommended Dose: Take 1 on rising and 2 before bed. Consistent use of this product is recommended for at least 30 days for stress recuperation & cortisol reduction.
Contraindications: Women with high DHEA (as in PCOS) and individuals with low cortisol should not take this product. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you are taking any prescription medication, consult a physician prior to use.
Clear Ashwagandha: Per 2 capsules: Asgwagandha 1.5% 875mg; Siberian ginseng 0.8% 150mg; Astragalus 0.4% 25mg
Recommended Dose: 2 capsules 2x daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Contraindications: Consumption with alcohol, other drugs or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. Consult a practitioner if you are pregnant or nursing.
Clear Energy: per capsule: DL-Phenylalanine 300 mg, L-Tyrosine 200 mg, Rhodiola rosea extract 75 mg (standardized to contain 1% rosavins), L-Methionine 60 mg, Octacosanol 2 mg
Recommended Dose: Take 1 to 4 capsules on rising or before exercise.
Contraindications: Do not take if you have high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism or are taking a medication that increases dopamine like Wellbutrin.Do not use if you have Phenylketonuria (PKU). If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any prescriptions medications.
→ Clear Zzz's: Per lozenge: Melatonin 3 mg
Recommended Dose: Take one quick-dissolve tablet 15 to 60 minutes before bedtime as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Contraindications: Individuals taking corticosteroids or immunosupressive drugs should not take melatonin without consulting a health care provider. Children and pregnant or lactating women should consult their healthcare practitioner prior to use.