- For Intestinal and Bowel Regularity in Adults and Children
- Promotes Healthy Digestive Balance
- May Provide Relief From Constipation
- For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Dissolves Quickly in Water
- Tasteless, Colorless, and Odorless
Lorna Vanderhaeghe Regular Girl is a synbiotic blend of prebiotic fiber and probiotics that help maintain a healthy digestive balance. Regular Girl uses the award winning Sunfiber® brand of soluble dietary fiber and the clinically proven Bifidobacterium lactis. Formulated for women by a woman nutritionist and dietitian.
Regular Girl contains 8 billion CFU of Bifidobacterium lactis (also referred to as B. lactis) at the time of manufacture. It works in harmony with prebiotic Sunfiber and is extremely resistant to the pH and bile conditions within the gut. Probiotics are not only important for our digestive system, but also for our immune health, our mood and other bodily functions. B. lactis has a long history of safe use and has been clinically shown to improve immune functions and protect against inflammation.
- Excellent Source of Fiber, delivering 5 grams of soluble fiber per serving.
- Regular Girl delivers true regularity without excess gas or bloating
- The fiber within Regular Girl has been shown to improve the growth of helpful bacteria and decrease harmful bacteria.
- Regular Girl not only helps with occasional constipation, but uniquely helps with diarrhea as well, returning stool content to a normal healthy state. Unlike other prebiotic fibers, Regular Girl will not lead to a state of diarrhea with frequent consumption.
- Regular Girl has a healthy satiety effect, slowing gastric transit time and increasing satiation hormones, resulting in a comfortably full and satiated feeling.
- Regular Girl improves absorption of minerals, including Ca, Fe, Zn. Other fibers often decrease absorption rates.
- Regular Girl is all natural and 100% Gluten Free (many so called gluten free fibers contain levels up to 20 ppm).
- No dairy, soy, sugar, salt, wheat, eggs, artificial flavors or other potential allergens.
- No taste, odor or grit. Mix with your favorite beverage or add to smoothies, cereals and more.
The benefits of fiber:
Fill up on fiber for fat loss:
- The average North American adult consumes only 14 to 16 grams of fibre a day when 25 to 35 grams a day should be our goal!
- The hormonal benefits of fiber include:
- It lowers toxic estrogen, which benefits cellulite, lower body weight gain, belly fat
- It binds fat and clears it from the body and treats fatty liver disease
- It lowers insulin, which aids cholesterol, appetite control, fat burning
- It increases adiponectin – the hormone released during exercise that burns fat
- It controls appetite and burns fat – like protein!
Classically, fiber is split into two categories based on its solubility in water:
- Soluble fiber dissolves in water and can be metabolized by the "good" bacteria in the gut.
- Insoluble fiber does not dissolve in water.
- Soluble fibre is fantastic for lowering LDL cholesterol and stabilizing blood sugar and preventing constipation. You can find it in oatmeal, flax seed, barley, dried peas, oranges, applies, and carrots. (examples include: Regular Girl or Clear Solufiber)
- Insoluble fibre helps to bulk up our stools, keep the bowels moving and speeds up transit time of food through the digestive tract. You can find it in seeds, nuts, dark green leafy vegetables, and wheat bran. (example includes: Clear Fiber –actually, it contains both types)
Fiber feeds the friendly bacteria in the gut:
- Different types (species) of bacteria play important roles in various aspects of health, including weight management, blood sugar control, immunity and even brain function.
- This is where fiber (mostly soluble) steps in... it passes through the digestive system mostly unchanged, eventually reaching the friendly bacteria in the intestine who end up digesting the fiber and turning it into usable energy.
- Nourishing the friendly bacteria in the intestine is known as a prebiotic effect and is believed to be very beneficial for health and body weight.
The good bacteria help fight inflammation, a key driver of obesity and disease
- Gut bacteria have long been known to have an effect on inflammatory pathways.
- They produce nutrients for the body, including short-chain fatty acids that feed the cells in the colon. This leads to reduced gut inflammation and improvements in related inflammatory disorders.
- There is also mounting evidence that inflammation is a strong driver of weight gain and obesity, possibly mediated via its effects on the hormone leptin.
- Several observational studies have shown that a high fiber intake is linked to lower levels of inflammatory markers in the bloodstream.
Fiber can reduce blood sugar spikes after a high-carb meal
- Foods that have fiber in them tend to have a lower glycemic index.
- What this means is that they cause smaller spikes in blood sugar after a carbohydrate containing meal.
- This can be important... but only if you're eating a high-carb diet. In these cases, the fiber can reduce the likelihood of the carbs spiking your blood sugar to harmful levels.
- But really... if you have blood sugar issues, then it would make much more sense just to skip the carbs instead of trying to minimize the damage using fiber.
Ingredients: Each sachet contains: 6 grams of Sunfiber® Guar fiber delivering 5 grams of fiber and 8 Billion CFU Bifidobacterium lactis
Recommended Use: Mix one packet (6g) into 1 cup or 250mL of water or any non-carbonated beverage. May also be added to smoothies, cereals and yogurt.
Contraindications: Consult a health care practitioner if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or you are immune compromised or taking long term corticosteroids. If you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain do not use. Take 2 hours apart from any medications